Las Dunas

Went for a long walk today. Came across a stretch of river bed that looked like a mini desert with sand dunes. I read recently that a grain of sand occupies 1mm2, that would be equivalent to a million per square meter. That's quite a lot. I decided that I had better things to do than confirm if it was true.
Factoid: Europe's only desert is found in Almería, as is part of the Parque Nacional de Sierra Nevada (in the Sierra Nevada mountain range), which it shares with Granada province.
The desert landscape and climate that characterizes part of the province have made it an ideal setting for Western films, especially during the 1960s. Because of the demand for these locations, quite a number of Western towns were built near the Desert of Tabernas. Films such as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and A Fistful of Dollars were shot here. Years later the Film of 800 Bullets was Filmed in this same amazing place. Large sections of Lawrence of Arabia and Patton were shot there as well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home