Saturday, December 30, 2006

Fuego De Turrón


What a cracking day I had. Up bright and early for a long walk. 30th December, cloudless blue sky, very warm, Juan told me it was 23 degrees, I think it was more like 25. Had only been back at mi casa for a few minutes when I was advised that lunch was to be had at mi amigos. A most pleasant afternoon dining on the terrace. How much did I eat, mucho carne y Turrón. I made a quiet exit when the impromptu singing started.

Factoid: Turrón is a nougat confection, typically made of honey, sugar, and egg white, coated in crushed, toasted almonds, and usually shaped into either a rectangular tablet or a round cake. While turron is available all during the year it is a treat that everyone eats during the Christmas season. There are many different kinds of turron made of many different items. Examples of different kinds of turron are Turron de Almendra (almond), Turron de Cacauete (Peanut) and Turron de Avellana (roasted hazelnut). The two most famous kinds of Turron come from Alicante and Jijona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home