Campanilla - Morning Glory

I do like mornings. Usually I start off with a round of cuddles, then breakfast followed by wander round the estate. The garden at this time of day is very tranquil and peaceful. It always seems to be in constant change, new colours, growth, bugs and birds. All very tropical, but then I suppose that's why it's called the Costa Tropical.
Factoid: Ipomoea indica, Ipomoea acuminata
Morning Glory, Blue Dawn Flower (Don diego de dÃa)
The lovely "blue dawn-flower" (Ipomoea acuminata), also known as I. learii. According to the famous horticulturist L.H. Bailey (1928), this prolific perennial morning glory may produce 60,000 flowers at the rate of 300 per day. As the name implies, morning glory flowers, which are saucer-shaped, open at morning time, allowing them to be pollinated by hummingbirds, butterflies, bees and other daytime insects and birds. The flower lasts for a single morning and dies in the afternoon. New flowers bloom each day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home